Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fugo Blade? Anyone have constant closing of glands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fugo Blade? Anyone have constant closing of glands?

Hello,

Has anyone had the Fugo Blade done on them to clear the glands out? I have had Lipiflow X-Rays done on both eyes and the glands are all there (no drop out). Unfortunately, I've been probed and each experience the glands seems to close up again approx 2 weeks later. Have they figured out what causes the glands to close? Thanks

I had a similar experience to you. I had probing done several times over 2 1/2 years and each time my eyes felt moister, but it only lasted ~one week and then would revert back to debilitating dryness. My meibum was like Crisco Oil in the few glands that yielded anything when my probe doctor pressed on my glands during my initial probe consult. I don’t know for sure, but I surmised this very poor oil quality is what kept blocking up my glands again soon after each probing, and that I somehow needed to try to improve my oil quality from the inside out.

So after each probing I would try different diet changes (I had some clues from years before seeing a naturopath that amino acid injections temporarily helped my eyes feel better), and for me I was fortunate to find the diet change that personally helped give me some relief and I have not had to have another probing since that last one a few years ago. I’ve read of others who had success systemically improving their oil quality also with diet, or with supplements, hormones, doxycycline, etc. Some have found regular IPLs helps their oils to flow better. What works for one may not for someone else as there are so many different underlying reasons for dry eyes and we are all different.

That’s great you have no drop out glands. What is the quality of your oils like?

I’ve documented my journey in Rebecca’s Dry Eye Stories, in case there there’s something there that might help you since you’ve had some similar experiences to me:

https://www.dryeyestories.com/new-bl...ous-deficiency
    Last edited by Hokucat; 22-Jul-2019, 07:29.

Comment

Working...
    X