Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moisture chamber glasses - Are they any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture chamber glasses - Are they any good?

Hi. My discomfort is getting worse. Maybe I need to get moisture chamber glasses.Haven’t a clue where to start. Can someone kindly confirm what the are all about and recommend a brand. I am in UK. Many thanks.

Hi everyone. Anyone able to help with the above question. I thought I would get some just to wear indoors or are they only meant fo prevent wind etc outdoors.

Comment

Moisture chamber goggles create a seal around your eyes, making things more humid for your eyes. They do have small holes for getting oxygen to the eyes.

Before purchasing a pair, though, I would consult with your doctor to make sure this is a good next step for you. Reason I say that is because speaking from personal experience, I kind of screwed up my eyes by wearing MC goggles in front of the computer. The goggles decreased my blinking rate, and as a result, I started to get pain in my eyes for the first time. In retrospect, I don't think my doctor would have recommended the goggles to me given my (at the time) mild symptoms.

But assuming your doctor gives you the go-ahead, you'll want to find a local doctor who has some goggles in stock. Then go to the doctor and try them on to see which one fits the best. The brands I'm familiar with are both US brands (7eye and Wiley X), so I don't know if you'll be able to find them in the UK.
      What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
      Dry Eye Survey
      IPL Doctors
      Probing Doctors

Comment

Working...
      X