Scleral lenses made in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral lenses made in Toronto

Hi I am been wearing the PROSE from the Boston Foundation for Sight since 2006. Now I am looking for someone who had scleral lenses made in the Toronto area. Anyone got them from a clinic in Toronto (i know there are a couple docs here now)?
    FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Hi Reggie. I posted this link on ltree's thread regarding sclerals, just wanted to make sure you saw it:

In Rebecca's last e-mail newsletter there was a link to The Scleral Lens Education Society, which lists fitters by location who have shown proficiency in fitting, evaluating, and management of patients for sclerals. I saw my USC doctor listed who I think very highly of and who has extensive training and experience, as well another doctor I've heard good things about. Given this and that Rebecca sent it out, it may be a good resource for you. It lists two doctors in Ontario, one in Vaughan and the other in North York...not in Toronto, but at least in your province!

http://www.sclerallens.org/scleral-fitters

Comment

Thank you Hokucat, I appreciate that. Both are pretty much in Toronto.
      FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Comment

Hello Reggie, are you around these days?

Letting you know I got my first pair of sclerals, and am looking forward to a second fit later today. They are not PROSE and I should ask what brand they are.

If you are interested or have questions, I am happy to update here - I am getting the lens at the Vaughan clinic from the list that Hokucat posted above.

Comment

Hi ltree.

Can you give us an update on your experience? I have pretty bad dry eyes and looking at sclerals as well? I also have high prescription. How have they helped you? How was the clinic? What to expect? etc... Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post
            Hi ltree.

Can you give us an update on your experience? I have pretty bad dry eyes and looking at sclerals as well? I also have high prescription. How have they helped you? How was the clinic? What to expect? etc... Thanks so much!
            Hello and certainly DDE (and anyone who came here looking for the same), I just wrote up some info about this in another post:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...his-make-sense

Also, FYI I currently do not have high prescription (due to LASIK 10+ years ago which could have been a contributing factor to all these eye issues)... if you do, the optometrist would calculate and send appropriate specifications to the lab. Feel free to ask any more questions.

Comment

Working...
            X