Xidra- Should I get my hopes up?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xidra- Should I get my hopes up?!

As there are talks that Xidra will hopefully be available in the UK next August im just wondering for those that have tried/currently using Xidra, did it help? In % terms, how much improvement ? I've finally figured out that my issue is more aqueous deficiency. From my IPL treatment I seem to be producing good and clear oil.

From what I read in this forum and reviews, Xiidra is more effective. Personally, Restatsis did nothing for me. I started Xiidra again and I got a bit better. AT least I do not have headach anymore.

Comment

I personally believe theres a place for both drugs. They have different mechanism of action. I am personally on both Xiidra and Restasis.

Comment

What does Xiidra do? How much is it?

Comment

Not sure it'll be available that soon. Appraisal starts in Jul 2019. Could be at least a year from that point I think?

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ind...nt/gid-ta10196

Comment

I think I had some kind of reaction to it. Either way it did not help and after four months I stopped it. I am on Restasis though.

My partner (mild dry eye) seemed to benefit from it as he has more classic symptoms like burning. I have weird symptoms.

edit. I would actually say Xiidra made me worse.
            Last edited by hopeful_hiker; 05-Dec-2018, 15:36.

Comment

Oh maybe I got it wrong, maybe not out next year. deep_dry_eye Does being on both restatis and xidra benefit you a lot? Can you work etc? Are you OK in air conned environments?

Comment

i went from being bed ridden to 10 hrs per day working in front of computer. i do monthly ipl, xiidra, restasis, as well as omega 3 and gla. i also did prokera in one of my eye

Comment

deep_dry_eye Good to hear how far you've come! I have a worse eye also- my right... Seems to be the issues at the moment. Life would be bearable if it was the same as the left

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X