X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to encourage you

I just wanted to let everyone know how much better i am
    If you have followed any of my posts you will see that i have gradually improved until i can confidently say that i have my eye/eyelid problem well under control
    HOW ??
    My diagnosis - Blepharitis with MGD causing evaporative DE
    How have i arrived at this place ?- by treating the underlying problem of blocked ducts with heat massage and antibiotic ointment (to lid margins only ) at night
    How has that helped ? - it has taken away all the symptoms of prickle/itch of the lids ; and burning/foreign body sensation/light sensitivity/ intolerence of anything and everything in or near my eyes
    What is my explanation? - I believe by unblocking the glands and melting the oil i have sealed in the tears making the tear film intact (this has been verified by my optometrist - That my tear film is intact now 'though he tells me my R eye has a thinner tear film than the L)
    This in turn means i can tolerate things much better eg I actually peeled onions the other day ;and can use shampoos and hair colour without wearing goggles without the intense pain i would have had in the past
    I think when you have "holes" in your tear film you cant tolerate anything in or near your eyes - even unpreserved drops - which i never use anymore (except as an eye wash when doing eye/lid care before bed) Then at night my eye lids dont stick to my eye balls anymore -
    In the morning - when i open my eyes they are blurry for a while until i yawn and produce tears - that clears them and i can get on with the day and forget about my eyes
    I am posting this to give people hope and mybe if your problem is like mine you can get it under control too
    I expect i will have to do the "before bed eyelid hygiene " indefinately - but so what - its soooo much better than before
Working...
X