Letter from my Lasik Surgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from my Lasik Surgeon

Well, he basically admits that he knew I had dry eye prior to Lasik but ""I believed we could do what was necessary to deal with the dryness or other possible problems". And I guess telling me was not important. Someone tell me where the "elect" in elective is in that scenario?

Never mind that I had so many risk factors for severe dry eye.

Oh, and now the less than 5% retreatment rate is 10%.

However, they allegedly have changed their informed consent video and document to include permanent dry eye and that the surgeon be deliberate in reviewing DES with every patient. (AAO's influence here)

And he wishes me well as I work with other physicians trying to fix this little problem.

Since Maine has a Used Car Lemon Law, perhaps I will draft a "Lasik Lemon Law" and submit it to the Governor.

I've been having kind of a tough time the past few weeks and haven't been on the computer much. But I did want to let you all know the latest. Thanks to everyone for replying to my post about your experiences with Lasik. I am still trying to formulate my next actions.

I hope everyone is having a good "eye" day today and if not good, then tolerable.

Natalie
Working...
X