Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis after Accutane and Lasik?

Hey guys,

I've been browsing these forums for awhile now but never really posted before. Like you I've been struggling with DES. My symptoms started after Lasik surgery in 2008, but I believe two years of Accutane consumption before Lasik also contributed to my DES.

I'm having problems getting a proper diagnosis. Seen many doctors, and they say different things. Is it possible that I have blepharitis caused by the Accutane and the Lasik surgery? The only thing that has ever helped me was when I used Tobradex (topical steroid drop) for two weeks. All of my DES symptoms disapeared and my eyes turned white instead of being bloodshot all the time. Sadly, I had to discontinue because of the risks of glaucoma and cataracts, so my eyes are right back to full blown DES.

My symptoms are red bloodshot eyes, burning sensation, dryness, grittiness, and my eyes are a bit crusty when I wake up in the morning. Symptoms get worse in any air conditioned environment like a mall or office. Currently my treatment method is warm compresses twice daily, lid scrub with baby shampoo, two tablespoons of flaxseed oil, and 50mg of doxycycline.

Is there anything else that has worked for you guys? I would really like people to stop asking me if I'm "high" or have pink eye because of my red eyes...
Working...
X