Diagnosed Bleph, but it may be more than that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnosed Bleph, but it may be more than that

Hello everyone, this is my first thread here. I've been browsing this site for a couple months now and have really appreciated all the excellent information!

I've been dealing with eye problems now for about a year. I've been seeing a couple opthalmologists over the past 5 months or so. I was diagnosed with blepharitis and I haven't had too much success with everything I've been given.

I was taking Restasis for awhile, but was eventually pulled off it. Now I've been on Azasite for a 2 weeks with minor improvements. Unfortunately Azasite doesn't run cheap.

I'm beginning to think that I may have Ocular Rosacea. A few hours after taking Azasite, there is a significant amount of skin flakes, especially from upper eyelids. I've noticed over the past few weeks that the amount of skin coming off as slightly decreased with each usage, but my eyelids still remain rather purple in color. Also, my skin around my face was drying out pretty bad so I've been treating that lately with some facial creams.

Aside from the eye issues, I also have scalp issues and lagophthalmos Basically, I'm fighting a war on several fronts, and it's been quite frustrating. I've tried treating the lagophthalmos (tape, humidifier, Tranquileyes, night ointment) to no avail.

Would you recommend that I see a dermatologist to see if they have some better advice for my treatment? My opthalmologist whom I saw 2 weeks ago almost seemed like she had no solution. She just made a statement "It just seems that your eyelids are constantly inflamed".

Summation of my symptoms:

-redness on eyes on inside corner in both eyes
    -dryness
    -lower eyelid constantly red inside
    -eyelids have purple coloration
    -lagophthalmos
    -scalp issues
Working...
X