incontrollable bleph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incontrollable bleph

I was diagnosed with a viral eye infection (no culture done) by an ophthalmologist about a month ago. The infection cleared but after a week of no symptoms, my eyes began to itch and were red and burning. I went to a different doctor who diagnosed me with MGD blepharitis. Since then, I have had 3 flare-ups, where I wake up in the morning with crusty, itchy, red, and burning eyes/eyelids. I do the warm compress and wiping the lids with q-tip and rinsing with saline afterwards. After a few days of the initial flare-up, it subsides but it keeps recurring!

I have never had these symptoms prior to the viral infection and the fact that I have had 3 flare-ups within such a short time-frame really worries me. I continue with the warm compresses, etc. but they're not really helping since it keeps happening over and over again. It seems to me like maybe this is more serious than simple malfunctioning of the glands..

So, my question is: could my MGD have been caused by the virus? Why are the symptoms recurring so often? Should I see an ophthalmologist (I don't really have access to one right now since I'm out of my province but if I have to I'll try...)

Any insight is appreciated.
Working...
X