Eyes the wrong type of oily????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes the wrong type of oily????

I had a visit with a regular optometrist this week. I was getting fitted with oasys contact lenses - probably the wrong thing to do with dry eyes but I read some people here have had success with there moist soft lens range. Also over head lighting really bothers me and i can cope better with my glasses off. Not sure of the exact reason I reckon it's the light entering the glasses from the sides reflects back into my eyes. Anyway, this is not what i wanted to say.

The optometrist took a real interest in my dry eye and was able to give me tear break up times and talk to me about my situation - unlike the ophthalmologists i've paid a fortune for! She confirmed that my MGs are completely blocked. No oil, no milky discharge, no waxy stuff. nothing. Surprisingly my tear break up time was not as bad as she'd expected (about 6 or 7). She said my tears were too oily, so i mentioned my MGs must be discharging something. She said no and that my tears were the wrong type of oily. Also, there was some frothing in the corner of my eyes due to this. She said something about my MGs not working so the water evaporates too fast and the concentration of what's left becomes too oily.

Well, i don't really understand. Surely if they're too oily the oil must be coming from somewhere. Can anyone explain??

thx

David
Working...
X