Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mild dry eye + new ANNOYING PROBLEM...HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mild dry eye + new ANNOYING PROBLEM...HELP!!

hey all,

here goes my story. Earlier in the year I have been diagnosed with dry eye (very mild), doc gave me restasis (I was surprised since I thought it was just for severe cases). It was Ok, and after 6 mos doc said dry eye has been reduced. Within a month after, i noticed something wierd. My eyelashes were easy to epilate. Some fell easily when i was reading a book. Doc said i had very mild bleph and to use ocusoft to clean eyelids. Prob with that is that wether I used that or plain water I'd lose about 4-6 lashes per cleaning session...regardless of how gentle I am! After MONTHS of doing that, my eyelashes are VERY VERY sparse. Doc tried antibiotics/Azasite (made me lose more lashes...heavy crusting)/steroids but they keep falling at random times to the point I'm scared to clean them anymore just splashing warm water and THAT'S IT. Hairs are regrowing (taking B complex/gelatin caps) but cycle keeps repeating. Had allergy tests (food/chemical....the works) and nothing really significant came up aside from the ones I knew I was allergic to since i was a kid (dust/cat). I was thinking alopecia but Docs say "NO" and refuse to do a biopsy b/c my scalp is perfectly fine. As if that's not bad enough, about 2 weeks ago I decided to get a hair cut for summer and I shaved my head. My hair was kinda long and I did feel something fall past my lashes in my left eye and it hurt A LOT. That eye is smaller than the right one and when the object stuck in there (prob a long scalp hair) moves around it is very painful. I tried eye drops/crying it out...DOESN'T work. When i cry in that eye, the tears are yellow, thick, and they stink. My female friend had a long hair in her eye once and she said when she flushed it out, the stink and discharge went away fast. My eyelashes are so sensitive that even when i cry i tend to lose 1-2 lashes. Right now, I am so tempted to pull all the remaining lashes out and flush without fear. I'm very upset with this. Anyone have any advice on getting this nasty intruder out of my eye??
Working...
X