X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autologous blood serum eye drops - made at home

Hi,
    are there petients in North America or Australia etc., that do make their serum drops at home?

In 2007 the EU issued a new blood product law.
    As a consequence of that new law-regulation, only a very few hospital got the permission to make serum drops for their patients.
    Only in the UK, they created a nation wide central serum drops supply system. I don`t if this supply system is still operational in the UK?

Since many dry eye patients do totally depend on serum drops,
    they started in germany to make the serum drops at home.

It is a safe and simple process, low costs - 60 cent per day, and most important total independence from ophthalmologists, hospitals and laboratories!

I also do make my serum drops at home and filling the drops into my sclerals. I think the "do it yourself drops" are better than the ones from the hospitals.
    I do take a 5ml bottle serum drops every two days from the deep freezer.

It takes a doctor or nurse that draws the blood,
    a cheap table centrifuge that makes 3000 rcf-3000g, glase tubes and the glas or plastic dropping bottles.

The centrifuges and the other equipment does mostly come from the market leader germany, also available in north america and other countries.
    But it is also possible to buy a low cost centrifuge made in china - 300 USD for a new one.

Now some of the leading dry eye ophthalmologists here do now recommend to make the serum drops at home.

So there may be people living in remote ereas that don`t have access to such drops or can`t afford the high costs.

We have made a guide how to make the drops and stating the sources for the necessary materials.

I am afraid, that making serum drops at home is elegal in the USA,
    but if people do need such drops, they should know what is possible.
Working...
X