This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astigmatism and eye fatigue

Sorry about posting this in the dry eye forum. I know this place is for dry eyes but you guys are the best board for vision problems I've seen yet so I thought I'd ask. I have astigmatism in my left eye and have had severe eye fatigue for the past year and a half. I'm worked on computers since I was 7 (I'm 23 now) and haven't had any problems in the past with eye fatigue until about a year and a half ago when I started working as a web designer. My eyes frequently go out of focus and I actually have to consciously "pull" them back into focus (or converge them). I wear eye glasses for this problem and I also have computer vision lenses. However, if I don't pull my eyes in with my eye muscles, my vision is still slightly blurry. I think I've been instinctively converging my eye muscles more than they should be thus tensing them up. Do you think astigmatism in one eye and having to pull the muscles inward would cause accelerated eye fatigue and the symptoms I'm describing? I should note that I am going back to the eye doctor on the 26th and I'm going to ask her these questions as well but thought you all might have some advice.

Perhaps my eyeglass prescription is slightly off because I thought it was supposed to make it easy to focus. I don't think I should have to consciously keep pulling my vision back into focus because it strains my eyes and hours upon hours or doing that might lead to the symptoms I'm describing. Any ideas?

By the way, here are my two prescriptions:

Regular glasses

Sphere Cyl Axis
    OD pl
    OS +0.25 -0.75 001

Computer glasses

Sphere Cyl Axis Dist
    Od +.75 31
    OS +1.00 -.75 001 31

Thanks for your help

Alex
Working...