This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When doxy doesn't work.

I started taking 200mg a day for a month, and then I lowered the doze to 100mg a day which is what I've been taking for the last two months. My blepharitis hasn't improved so I continue to live the DE discomfort every minute of the day. The only time all my DE problems go away completely is during my sleep.

I'd like to know what alternatives exist to being on doxy. When my eyes begin to hurt after I spend some time at the computer the only thing that helps is antibiotic eye drops "Oftacilox", which bring an immediate relief. How can it be that I need to instill antibiotic eye drops to notice an improvement when I'm already taking 100mg of doxy every single day?

It's obvious to me that I'm not responding to Doxy, which isn't so strange in my case as I didn't respond to the antibiotics they initially gave me a few years ago when I had a car accident. As soon as they found the right antibiotic everything changed for me.

What worries me is that if minocycline, mecycline and tetracycline which are frequently prescribed belong to the same group of antibiotics it may be that if I've developed a resistance to doxy I'll also have a resistance to these tree. Dr. Latkany mentioned "4th generation flourquinolones" in one of his posts as the best antibiotics. I'd like to know if any of you is using anything as a doxy replacement.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n17187038/
    Last edited by Ariel; 29-Aug-2010, 11:31.
Working...
X