This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroid drops

I have had dry eye from Lasik done in October 2004. At my last visit to the opth. before Christmas I was given Flucon steroid drops as I have been having a lot of trouble with inflammation (feels like eyes are in acid - specially at the end of the day).
    I stopped them after a week as they did not seem to be helping. They contain BAK which scares me too. I had had new lower plugs inserted at the same visit as the others had come out.
    My query is - How do the steroid drops work? Are you supposed to get relief soon after insertion? Or does it take several days at 4x daily to get a response? My eyes are not too bad at the start of the day and are manageable but by 4 pm on they get bad. I wondered whether using Flucon at that time only would help? I do not want to use the Flucon any more than necessary. We cannot get the ester type steroid drops(Alrex etc) in NZ.
    At the moment I use Dwelle and hot compresses with rest to get relief. A shower helps too. I wear goggles too. We have been having some awesome summer weather here but the humidity is less so I guess that doesn't help.
    Dot
    When the going gets tough - the tough get going!
Working...
X