Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quadra plugged, had overflow in both, now none in left (which has higher Schirmers)?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quadra plugged, had overflow in both, now none in left (which has higher Schirmers)?!

I have had my lower ducts plugged for awhile. In the last year my eyes began feeling much worse so we experimented with upper plugs. Nothing ever worked well for the left eye (always irritating).

We finally decided to cauterize the upper and for a month I was in heaven! I had some overflow in both eyes, but not enough to drive me crazy and just enough to make me feel semi-human again!

However, one month after having them cauterized, the left upper re-opened. I had it re-cauterized early this month (June) and again I felt great.

About 5 days ago I started getting a TERRIBLE migraine (I suffer from chronic migraines) and the left eye was no longer overflowing at all and sometimes feeling dry. The right eye is still overflowing slightly, however. The odd thing is that last time I had a Schirmer's test (November 2014), my right eye was 2 mm and my left eye was 5 mm. It makes no sense to me. I thought for sure the left eye had reopened again and when I went to the dr. she said the puncta was still closed.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar? Or, can anyone explain to me why this might be happening?

Thank you,
    Mandy
Working...
X