Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye problems getting worse!

Hi,

Haven't posted in a while but I have a question that I hope someone will be able to answer for me.

I had SmartPlugs put in about 3 months ago they seem to have stopped working. I have enlarged punctal holes which which express air when I cough or sneeze. So I have them cauterized.

Now I'm having pain and itching in the corner of both eyes. My doc thinks it could be from the plugs (if they are still there - he doesn't know for sure) so he suggested we try and flush them out. Which means opening up the cauterized holes, putting in a probe and flushing them out.

My question is this. Is there a scan that can be done (X-ray, CT, MRI, etc.) to see if they are actually still there before I go through all of that?

I left a message with my doc but I thought I would post here also.

A little history - I have Mulitple Sclerosis which may be contributing to my severe dry eye (2 years now). I've been on Restasis for over 6 months which seems to help some but leaves my eyes red and burning.

He put me on Azasite to see if that would help with oil production which is only 5% in both eyes and cloudy (s/b clear).

I'm also taking a supplement called HydraEyes.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

DebbieZ
Working...
X