Restasis Theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis Theory?

As I've posted before, I am a total restasis failure. But I am wondering it my recent "over-reaction" to minocycline and the antibiotic ointment might be why? Since starting them, my eyes/glands have gone crazy and my eyelashes are a constant mess.

One of the warnings for restasis is to not use it if you have an active eye infection. If I understand MGD/Blepharitis correctly it can both be caused by or can cause a bacterial infection. Since I am sure the MGD goes back years, I am wondering if that might be why my reaction to restasis is so severe.

It may be wishful thinking and I am not going to experiment with restasis but that possibility just struck me.

I have dropped back to 50mg of minocycline per day versus 2x as I am leaving for Salt Lake on Wednesday and just can't be this miserable while traveling, especially on a work trip. The dryness is going to be bad enough (95 degrees and 30% humidity forecasted) without the itching and irritation of my lid margins.

I am going to a trade show for outdoor specialty retailers and noticed that Wiley is going to be there so I am going to stop by their booth and try on some of their glasses.

Have a great weekend.

Natalie
Working...
X