X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini scleral lens vs. PROSE

Hi there,

A conversation began in the scleral lens forum that I would like to share and respond to here in the PROSE forum. Here is a link to the original conversation to which I wanted to speak to points made about PROSE Clinic locations, Medicare and not-PROSE clinicians making PROSE devices.

First, BFS has been working hard to expand the number of BostonSight PROSE clinics and there are several closer to Philadelphia than the Boston office. You can search for the one closest to you by going to our Find A PROSE Clinic tool. I suspect the clinic at Wilmer Eye Institute in MD will interest lzer.

Re: insurance, we know insurance issues can be daunting. Almost 80% of the patients treated at BFS in 2010 were covered in part or in full for PROSE treatment through their insurance providers and/or financial assistance. BFS staff work closely with each patient and his/her insurance provider, including Medicare, to obtain insurance reimbursement whenever possible and connect patients with additional lodging, meals and transportation support to make the treatment process as affordable and convenient as possible. BostonSight PROSE providers are independently operated so contact the Clinic you would like to visit for specific information and questions regarding insurance and financial assistance.

Re: another doctor stating they can fit PROSE, all BostonSight PROSE treatment providers are listed on our website and in our literature. All BostonSight prosthetic devices are designed by BostonSight PROSE Clinical Fellows using our proprietary software, made at the BFS lab in Needham, MA, and shipped to BostonSight PROSE providers across the US and internationally. In other words, if it is provided by someone other than a PROSE provider on our list, it is not PROSE treatment.

I hope this helps with some of your questions. You might also like our PROSE treatment FAQs that addresses many questions of people considering PROSE treatment.

Wishing you well!

Janice
Working...
X