Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continued Improvement...

All,

In addition to doing the stuff that I posted about in my earlier Triumphs thread, I have to admit that I've realized not all of my problems are dry eye issues. I am now back to where I was in May of last year - doing drops just once in the morning and once at night, AND WEARING EYE MAKEUP DAILY. Ugh. I never thought I'd see the day.

First off, I got a good vision exam a couple of weeks ago and got some awesome funky frames with my new hyperopic + astigmatism RX in them. They also have the anti-glare computer coating on them. I wear them whenever I am at the computer now and I cannot imagine how I went so long without them.

The lesson is that if you work all day at a computer and are experiencing fatigue, or symptoms that you wouldn't think are classic dry eye, please see an opthalmologist and determine if you need any sort of correction. Even having computer glasses that have no RX but the coating on them may help. Now I totally believe that whole "computer vision syndrome" is alive and well; before I thought it was a farce.

The glasses have made a world of difference in my everyday life. I thought I was going to have to QUIT MY JOB, people. Turns out I was straining 8+ hours a day at the computer and that was driving my eyes nuts.

Secondly, I keep getting a dull ache, typically on the right side of my face above my eye, that runs down my jawline and now that I've been paying attention to it I've realized that it can even ORIGINATE in my neck. I thought this was facial pain from dry eye but 2 ibuprofens knock the pain out, so it's either sinus pain, stress, or maybe even TMJ. I plan to see a dentist and an ENT to determine the cause. I've also started using the neti pot (behind closed doors...because it's not very attractive...).

Finally, I tried permanent lower plugs about 2 weeks ago but I am back to the dissolvable kind, as the capped silicone plugs fell out pretty quickly. But the plugs seem to be doing something for me. So thanks to all who encouraged me to try them (you know who you are).

I guess the bottom line is that - and I am kind of embarrassed to say this - I really feel like I had a MYRIAD of problems going on instead of just plain old dry eye.

So everyone, if you feel like you have symptoms OTHER than outright dry eye symptoms, do not be afraid to poke around to see if these are being caused by things other than dry eye.

Special Note: If you've had LASIK or any other type of refractive surgery, don't hesitate to look to glasses as a possible solution for eye fatigue, even if your prescription is mild. I know that isn't the point of having had LASIK in the first place, but glasses are TRENDY NOW and besides, who gives a rats behind if they help with the pain!

- Rose
Working...
X