X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anie's story

This just in via email...

My name is Anie and I moved from a warm city on the Mediterranean sea to a colder land-locked city in the alps. 2 years later, I started to develop dry eyes, which was 6 months after giving birth to my second child. At first, it started with sticky eyes every morning, which lasted for 6 months. The ophthalmologists diagnosed me with conjunctivitis and gave me antibiotic eye drops. My eyes improved for a couple of weeks and then they got sticky again, so I was given steroids and another eye antibiotic. My eyes improved again for a short time and then got worse. They were sticky and ***** every morning.

I changed the ophthalmologist and he said I have inflammation and I need to use long term steroids and antibiotic eye drops. However after 3 weeks, I went to buy the 3rd pack of steroids and the pharmacist told she wouldn't give it to me because that would hurt my eyes. She tried to call the doctor but he was out of reach. So I went home and read about the long term of using steroid and its side effects. I stopped both using antibiotics and steroids.

After a while I started to feel that besides the sticky eyes, there was a burning sensation during the day and pain in my eye balls when I woke up during the night. I had blurred vision. I saw many ophthalmologists trying to explain to them what I am going through. However nobody would understand my pain. All they could recommend was to use eye drops, to moisturise my eyes during the day, and as often as I needed. I used a thicker cream when I went to bed, in addition to massaging the eyelids with warm water a few times each day.

Unfortunately this approach didn’t remove the pain and burning sensation in my eyes. I was suffering and it reached a state that I wanted to close my eyes and not to open them anymore. Looking through my eyes was painful, every single second of the day.

At this time, I want to tell you that I am a Christian and I believe in Jesus Christ my saviour, I attend church and have asked my mother and many friends to pray for me. I prayed for myself too wondering why I need to go through this .......

I must also admit, that I wasn't a pleasant person to talk to, when my husband was back home from work in the evening. It was very stressful, for a mother who was all day around the kids.

I researched the Internet and found about restasis and also your website. I loved reading the personal stories and also updated myself with the new drugs and approaches. I kept on visiting ophthalmologists, until finally I found the right person who could understand me and empathize with me. Her name is Dr. med. Barbara Neeracher Thür. She diagnosed me with mibomian glad dysfunction she said my glands are not functioning and my eyelids were inflamed and I have severe dry eyes

Below was the treatment.
    · 6 months of oral antibiotics (tetracycline)
    · A special solution to wash my eyes containing blephagel
    · eyelid care and massage
    · oil tablets to improve the quality of my eyes
    · Restasis drops - 2 drops a day
    · Eye drops during the day - Lacrycon
    · Genteal before going to bed
    · Inserted eye plugs

However after all treatments, the symptoms continued and my doctor was disappointed. She said there is not much she could do. Therefore she prescribed eye glasses to rest my eyes. However, I didn't use the glasses consistently. I could see very well without any glasses and also found wearing it challenging with my little ones around.

And now it is up to you to believe or not - I hit a stage of my life that I was depressive crying every night and I said in my prayers" Lord I would rather die than live with this pain. Father how could you see me in this pain and let me leave in this pain. You know Father how much it hurts and you have the complete power to heal me"

After that prayer, day by day, my eyes started to improve. After one week exactly I could look around happily without being reminded that I had eyes and they are hurting. And I knew God was healing me and after a while all the symptoms subsided. I could wear some make up, eyeliner but no mascara. I could live a normal life without being worried about my eyes and when I visited the doctor she said the inflammation has finally calmed down but I still had some blocked glands.

Today I live a normal life, I stopped using restasis and night gels. I can go all day long without eye drops and without burning sensation and without blurred vision and without eye pain And haven't seen the ophthalmologist for a year now. I want to bless you in the name of Jesus and may The Lord touch your eyes as you read this and heal you and may you come to know God and worship him.

I would like to share this bible verse Mark 11:23 "Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.

With love
    Anie
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244
Working...
X