This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small relapse, and a solution

Hi All - A while back, I posted to this site and thought that I had found a solution http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...-worked-for-me

I had a small relapse - my eyes started getting a bit dry again. I started doing the following and my eyes have been great for 4 months now (fingers crossed) even with the heat blowing through the vents in my house!

1. My miracle - Barleans Omega Swirl travel packs - these travel packs consist of high potency, micronized fish oil that is flavored with key lime. I bought them for a business trip since I didn't want to take the ground flax seed I started traveling with. After a week of taking this, my eyes actually felt moist. Then I cut back to once a week, then once every 2 weeks, and now I only take them when I travel. The only thing I will say about this stuff is that when I took it every night for two weeks straight, a blood vessel in one of my eyes burst (this has happened before when I took a lot of fish oil) and it was just about the worst bleed I ever had - took longer than it usually does to resolve. This is not an issue though since I now only take these when I travel, and only for a night or two. But this stuff is pretty amazing.

2. I started taking astaxanthin tablets - I have no idea if this is making a difference, but I take it. However, I am the type of person who can go weeks without taking her vitamins (because I get lazy about it) so it is not like I am taking this consistently.

3. I started taking lutein as well (something called Eye Support from the Dr. Mercola site). Again, I have no idea if this is making a difference.

4. I started using a different eye make-up remover product (I had been using the Almay no-oil pads and I noticed they made my eyes dry. So I switched to the regular pads with the oil in them).

I think it is the Barleans micronized fish oil that did the trick (though I acknowledge that changing eye makeup remover products probably did not hurt). And I think it sort of kick-started the moisture in my eyes so that now even when I don't take it, I am fine. Has anyone else tried this stuff? BTW, I don't work for Barleans! And if there is another micronized fish oil product out there, I don't see why it would not work just as well.
Working...
X