Dry Eye Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye Progress

I have dry eye as result of botched RK (actually surgeon was written up in an article in the Chicago Tribune about 3 weeks ago basically the gist of it was why is he allowed to practice having "allegedly" damaged so many peoples eye)

I went to Davis EyeCare in Oak Lawn, Illinois. I got some immediate relief with temporary punctal plugs (bottom only) (three opthalmologist had said they wouldn't be helpful) and more comfortable contact lense wear with "piggyback" system of soft lens and my own old contact lenses.

On a follow up visit I tried the hybrid lens, the scleral and a host of RGPs. I was nearly overcome with gratitude and happiness when I walked out wearing a pair of soft "day/night" soft lens with a pair of Bifocal RGP's that afforded better vision than any of 3 opthalmolgist said I could ever hope for.

Now I'm learning how to insert and take out soft lens--entirely different skill set than RGPs. I'll get my permanent lens next week. Dr. Davis said he thought that my corneas could be rehabilitated with the compresses, a 5% salt solution, the soft lens used as a "bandaid" to prevent the RGP's from irritating the RK incisions and use of moisture chamber glasses/drops to keep them hydrated. (I use the Onion Goggles at home and a pair from the Harley Shop at work). I'm also using Oculoheel homeopathic eye drops and tablets and they have been especially helpful.

Thanks Rebecca and others for recommending optometrist for dry eye

Paulette
Working...
X