Need Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Opinion

Hi Everyone this is my first post after browsing this site for several months. I've reached
    paralysis analysis in my head trying to figure this thing out and would appreciate any ones else's opinion.

My dry eye problem started 5 months ago I had gone to Bali for two weeks and while I was there I trialed a pair of contact lenses, in the second week my eyes became sore so i threw away the contacts. A week later at home I found my eyes where sore and red so i went to bed, I woke up early in pain and found there was pus all in my lids. Later that day I went to the DR at this stage there was no more pus and only slight redness so he diagnosed me as having conjunctivitis. I was confused at this time as I had no further problems with pus or extreme redness which i associated with conjunctivitis but i proceeded to wask them daily with salt and I also bought some artificial tears to try and make them feel better.

A week later my eyes where still sore so I saw an optometrist who said use Systane. I did this for a month but eyes where still sore and sticking together at night. I then saw another optometrist who said your eyes are dry and gave me a gel to try.

I saw another optometrist who said there was no infection at this stage but keep using artificial tears for dryness, but I wanted to know why this was happening.

I then saw an opthamologist who said you must have had an infection hence the pus and it can take many many months to heal.

Even though I didnt have dry mouth I took a blood test for sjogrens which came back negative. I also only take the one medication for asthma but have been on it for 5 years with no side affects. I have also never had any Lasik surgery so I could'nt undertsand why this was happening.

I went and saw a second opthamologist who said that there was corneal ulcers on the bottoms of my eyes and that it was likely caused by an infection which was causing the dryness and was the second opthamologist to tell me that it could take 9 to 12 months to heal.

This week I returned from Bali again and since arriving my eyes have been red and sore, I went to an optometrist who did the dye test and said your tears are evaporating very quickly. I went back to the opthamologist this morning and said whats going on and again he said you have to give your eyes time to heal. I also asked him could I have MGD as I have tears but maybe teh glands are blocked, but he showed me how they are flowing normally when he pushes a cotton bud under them.

So basically I have had no Lasik, negative for sjogrens,no known medications, my glands are not blocked causing no oil to mix with the water could it be true what they are telling me that I have corneal infection which is causing the eye dryness and i need to wait until they heal which can take a long time.

What confuses me is when I research corneal ulcers I see that dryness can also be the cause for them, so maybe that's the underlying issue but if so what the actual problem as I have decribed no blocked glands,sjogrens meds etc. I would like to see an article that said patient had an infection which caused corneal ulcers which started the dry eye problem... More confusing is his pictures of the ulcers are all at the bottom of the eyes which matches with other peoples problems with their eyes not fully closing at night so the eyelid sticks to the cornea. I have been able to stop this from happening at night ever since I starting to using lacrilube.

Sorry for the ranting it's very frustrating as I'm sure you can all empathise with especially since I'm a newbie 5 months when I read some people have dealt with this for many many years. Woudl appreciate any opinions .... regards Paul
Working...
X