Houston Dry Eye Doctor Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Dry Eye Doctor Recommendation

Does anyone have a recommendation for a dry eye doctor in Houston? I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Pflugfelder but the next available appointment isn't until August.

Thanks for the help

I was going to recommend Dr. Pflugfelder at Baylor as one...

But there is also Dr. Yee. I have heard, but am not certain, that he is the inventor of the MEG (the microenvironement glasses) that many forum users wears. I have also heard that he invented autologous serum drops.

In addition, I know he does IPL the way Toyos does it (but you may have to insist that he does an expression). Also, I know he does meibomian gland probing.

I have heard quite a few good things about Dr. Yee and a couple not-so-good things. I was going to make him my eye doctor when I thought I was moving to Houston, but I wound up not moving. I know moni has seen Dr. Yee and can give you her perspective if you PM her.

NME

Comment

i saw dr yee in houston. he is worth going to. he seems to care and went out of his way to help me including showing me around the meg shop personally. The only thing he could do to help me was get me some Moisture chamber glasses. as my problem was later diagnosed as corneal neuropathy which caused some symptoms of dry eye.

Comment

Has anyone actually been to see Dr. Pflugfelder at Baylor?? I saw Dr. Yee and am not sure I will be going back!! I know it takes 2 to 3 months to get into Pflugfelder so I am wondering if it is worth the wait. Baylor recommended another doctor in the same practice and I could get in within weeks....don't know what to do!!!
        Last edited by abbygirl; 05-Jun-2011, 21:00.

Comment

I will see Dr. Pflugfelder on Monday June 27, 2011. I have waited 3 months for this appointment. He came highly recommended by my endocrinologist. So, I will let you know how it goes. I had been seeing Dr. Kevin Gee in Sugar Land, TX. He has treated my dry eye and MGD for the past 8 months and I believe he has ran out of options for me since my eyes are still red. However, it was suggested that I need to see an Opthalmologist rather than an Optometrist. I do give Dr. Gee kudos for getting me this far - my eyes feel better, he removed the punctual plugs which were making my eyes worse, he has did photo videography of my meibomian glands and actually showed the videos to me and he takes the time to listen to my concerns. I wanted a second opinion since I have now been diagnosed with damaged cells in my eyes.

Comment

Thanks Faye1
            I will be interested in how your appointment goes with Pflugfelder. I know I will have to wait 3 months also. It sounds as though you had success with Dr. Gee. Maybe I will try to see him to get me thru the 3 month waiting period. Good Luck!!

Comment

Working...
            X