My story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My story

Hello. I have been reading these threads for several years and finally decided to post. I am 31 years old and I have been struggling with dry eyes since I was around 15 years of age.

Here is a short summary of my story. At about 15 I noticed my eyes burning in the mornings didn't really notice how red they were until people started commenting about them. Fast forward to my senior year in high school when I started to get really self-conscience about the way the looked. Enter the Visene days.....didn't know how destructive they were to your eyes, and didn't much care because they were taking the red out. But eventually my eyes hurt worse and Visene no longer worked, (they stayed red) so I found Naphcon-A. Now I used those drops for probably about 4 years everyday 4-5 times a day at least, add in the Visene and I used drops for nearly six years regularly.

At the age of around 23 I finally decided to go to a doctor, my eyes feeling terrible everyday. And looking even worse. Told him what I had done over the years and he asked if I was still using the drops, yes I was had some in my pocket at that very moment. He told me to throw them away right there. Of course I was very hesitant because they were my only sort of relief..... I thought. Now in hind sight I wish I had never put a drop of that crap in my eyes.

I have been to several doctors since, I was diagnosed with Miebimitis can't remember the exact spelling. But nothing has helped tremendously. Sure over the years I have found ways to cope with the dry eyes, but its always there, and some days are really bad, really bad.

Dry eyes are terrible, they have controlled my life. Right now I am unable to work full time. I don't think I can handle 40 hours a week in pain. Waking in the morning is very hard because of the burning and then the extremely red eyes is just to much. I do have some good days, but I want much more out of life that what I am able to do. Like many of you I wish there were a cure.

Well this post is getting pretty long so I will end here by saying that this site is very helpful. Before I found this message board I thought I was going crazy, or the only one struggling through this pain. thank you so much.
Working...
X