Hello Glad to be here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Glad to be here

Hello. I'm so glad I found this forum! I would love some advice. Here is my history: I've worn contacts for 24 years. First gas perms now soft toric lenses. About a month ago I developed a red irritated left eye. I went to the eye dr and was instructed to put a new contact in. It seemed better for a few weeks until I went back to work. I work in a drafty office in a hospital. There are vents and drafts throughout my work environment. Both of my eyes started to get red and irritated. After 12 hour shifts I could hardly open my eyes for several days and had extreme light sensitivity. The other night I had to leave work early because my eyes were soo painful and red. I felt like I had sandpaper under my eyelids. I went back to the opthamologist and she said my corneas were extremely dry! She prescribed me tobradex 4 times daily for 10 days. I'm not wearing my contacts while using the tobradex. I'm also using refresh liquidgel at bedtime. Besides light sensitivity my eyes look and feel 100%
    Better! My Dr never diagnosed me but based on the antibiotic steroid I'm wondering if I have an infection? What could have suddenly caused my problems? This is a 1st for me

Thanks for reading

Hi, Carolinagirl.

A lot of people here develop sensitivity to contact lens wear. Before my serious eye problems began, I quit wearing gas permeable lenses. I'm not sure about work on long-term effects of contact lens wear, but anecdotally, I became unable to wear any kinds of contact lenses; my sister switched from gas perms to soft; and my mom still wears her gas perms at age 71! So, each case is unique. I hope that you get to the bottom of the problem with your doctor.

Best,
    Liz

Comment

Working...
    X