Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I am brand new here. Found you after Googling "dry eyes." I was diagnosed with systemic lupus (SLE) when I was in college and have managed to do pretty well with it over the years, the biggest issues having to do with my bones (AVN). Then a few years ago, my eye doctor (I take Plaquenil, so have to get my eyes checked annually for toxicity) told me that I had Sjogren's. OK, well "dry eyes" didn't seem like such a biggie --- a few drops once in a while and I'm good to go, right?? So I thought! Now I'm just beginning to realize what I am dealing with and am hoping that this forum will be able to guide me in making decisions to reduce the damage and discomfort I am currently experiencing, i.e. feeling like I have sandpaper in my eyes. Right now I am taking/doing: hot compresses, Doxycyclene, Lotemax, Evoxac, Restatis and OTC Systane. The Lotemax (steriods) is for 6 weeks, then I go back to the eye doc. Truthfully, I am more than a bit scared. Looking forward to doing a LOT of reading here. Thank you.

SilverKat
Working...
X