Blepharitis - hope we can learn from each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis - hope we can learn from each other

I was diagnosed with Bleph and blocked m-blands 2 years ago. I feel better just knowing that there is a location to share our stories - success with treatments that make our situation better. I am currently 54 - however - I have had this problem since my teens. It's overwhelming to think of how many eye doctors I have seen over the years and finally one Dr. put a name on it (bless him). Knowing what it is - is such a huge step to managing it. Really sad that eye doctors never identified it. I have worn big thick glasses since 2nd grade. Switched to contacts at 15 - my eyes were always uncomfortable and the doctors told me to blink. At 26 a friend of mine- totally not a doctor asked why my eye lids were always swollen. She noticed but doctors didn't. Dr's still told me to blink. Got RK done at 30 - couldn't wear contacts. Can you believe the optomitrist still said nothing wrong and that I should still wear contacts - not have Rk. It's so horrid to think that I would be so much better off today if those in the medical field were trained better.
    Last edited by Eileen510; 26-May-2012, 12:32. Reason: cleaning up my typos
    Eileen
Working...
X