No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay here goes.

I have had problems with dry/irritable eyes since October 2010. It started when I got a combination of sweat and sun lotion in my eyes on holiday, I was treated with antibiotics (chloramphenicol).

Over the next months I started suffering from dry eyes at work and found it difficult to wear contact lenses. Prior to this I had been wearing contact lenses for 3 years with no problems at all. It was at this I started wearing glasses.

Since then I have been to the doctors, opticians and ophthalmologists (both NHS and private). I was initially diagnosed with blepharitis and was given a course of doxycycline. Further down the line I was diagnosed with MGD. I have tried heat treatment, daily cleaning, ocusoft lid scrubs and flaxseed supplements.

I have found lid scrubs and heat treatment to be the most effective but I still have dry eyes, inflamed eye lids and blocked glands; often visibly blocked.

At my last trip to the ophthalmologist (private not NHS) he suggested that I continue what I was doing and come back in a month or so if it hadn’t improved. I paid £150 for this advice! He also told me that my eye(lids) looked sore and that I definitely wasn’t imagining it. Thanks doc.

My eyes have improved and I am definitely not the worst affected person on this forum but it is still very frustrating. I dream of wearing contact lenses again and being able to speak to someone face to face without involuntarily blinking due to dry/irritable eyes!

I have just ordered some Blephasol from amazon which had brilliant reviews so I will let you know how that goes.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Working...
X