new from belgium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new from belgium

it's quiet a long story where i had no luck at all..

29 September 2014 , i do my Lasik surgery with one of the best in Belgium. Everything was fine , i did'nt even read the side effect possible. But everything was fine.

I came back home and use during three weeks the Systane drops. My dryness disappear.

At one month , i have a sligth changement in my right view , i see my surgeron , i was very stressed tat i had possible complications. He gave me Dicloabak (nsaid) but didt give me the posology.
    I use it for one week , 7 drop / day. My view became again perfect.

one month later i have little fluctuation in My right eyes , this time i choose to see another doctor to be sure everything was fine , i did a topography etc , he told me everything is fine but light dryness in right eyes, i have to see my surgeron in two month and use systane.

Two weeks later , i go to te pharmacy alone and ask again withoutprescription dicloabak , ( such an idiot i was ) , the pharmacian told me to use 4-5 drop / day MAX.

Because this product regave me my perfect sight , i tought i had to use it. I putted 12 drops in one day. At night , my right eyes was swollen and painfull, i saw everything in green.

Next morning i have an urgent appointment with my surgeron , he shout at me that i did't have to use this product and gave me Artelac to put 7 a day or more if i wanted to. He was very dismissive and didn'ot told me what happened to my eyes.

Two days after , because of eyes pain during night time ( sandy sensation in the middle of the night ) i decide to see another doctor.

He told me i have severe dry eyes and keratitis superficial and have to use VitA pos for the night. I was so happy for a pronostic and take an appointment two weeks later with him.

Because i was very stressed about all this mess , the recent operation etc , i surfed a lot on the net and when i saw severe dry eyes , wht really means , i was shocked and cried a lot.

The mistake here is , i believed in his pronostic more than my symptoms because my right eyes didn't burn or sting , he was just with a bad view because of the keratitis.

Because of all this fear , i saw another doctor , after the slit lamp examination she told me it great comparing to what it's said in the records ( of the another doctor, severe dry eyes).
    I did not ask if i had severe dry eyes but she was very calm and told me my keratitis is almost clean. I asked if i can take more vitA pos , in the day for exemple ( i ask that because i tought it would heal more quickly , dry eyes and keratitis).

She said yes, WRONG CHOICE , i putted 3 times a day vitA pos and had more and more symptoms , i could feel the air when i move , that was dry eyes but because of this ointment.

One week with those awfull symptoms , i saw my surgeron , he checked my eyes and when i told him i ue vita Pos he laughed and said its for people not closing their eyes the night. He told me i hve nothing in my eye , but i can feel the air with my right eyes ( because of vita pos). He said everyone is different and that in few month , it will be ok. He told me " Dont put anything on your eyes and see your family doctor)

the 1th january 2015 even if was not sure VitA pos was doing the wrong job i keep using it thinking it would heal my eyes , i putted a lot in my eyes and the next day i go to urgence room, the doc saw nothing but my eyes wook me up in pain with red vessels.

The next day i saw the doctor who prescribe me VitaPos , firstly he said , wow your right eyes is dry ( ofc im using your hitty vitapos for nothing) , i told him that now i put nothing in my eye , he said wrong idea blablabla.

After examination , Under my RIGHT eyelids he saw papillae , allergic reaction. For my left eyes ( the eyesi never touched and was great) he said to put in prevention dexamethasone drop one week 3 drop / day. Even if my left eye had nothing and that this allergic reaction was little he gave me steroids! ( bastard)

He didn't even think " ho maybe its allergic reaction to vitapos because he is using it in his right eye" He told me i had allergic reaction to something on the air ( yeah of course)

By instinct the first day i didn't put dexamethasone in my good left eye but after the first drop in my right eyes it was so painfull that i saw TWO another doctor, they both told me i dont have any allergic reaction and that my eyes are fine, so the mysterious severe dry eyes was confused by my superficial keratitis! The last doc i saw , i make a promise , last thing i put on the eyes than i dont touch them a week to see how it goes.. the last doctor i met told me about dexamethasone i can use it if i want. So ater the second drop in my right eyes , 4hr later , my right eyes didn't produce any tears and was burning , i was so desesperate that i put in left eyes too like the doctor said , ten minutes later , same thing for the left eyes.

SO this is all because of me and this doc who does'nt think that vitapos can create allergic reaction and all my stress to see doctor after doctor , if i had listen to my surgeron, i wouldn't be here

So i'm sure it's because of dexamethasone use , on healthy eyes , steroids can induce dry eyes. Moreoever , i wasnot thinking right , when i tried to cry , no tears would come because i tought i was so dry.. NONSENSE!
    i think its psychologic and chemical. Both won a battle on my eyes.

I hope you understand everything. Thanksfor the read
    Last edited by PeterBelgian; 10-Oct-2015, 13:35.
Working...
X