Could use some guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could use some guidance

Hey everyone! New to this forum. I've read a few posts here and there for help but figured I could use some guidance.

A little background: I'm 25 years old and live in the Dallas Fort Worth area (if you guys have any particular doctors in this area you recommend, please let me know). I took Accutane in college and my eyes never recovered. I was told I have about 25-30% working glands in my left eye. The percentage is higher in my right eye but the oils keep getting clogged in my lids.

Now some things I've tried:
    Lipiflow
    Temporary Punctal Plugs
    Omega 3s
    Castor Oil
    Warm Compress
    Cold Compress
    IPL
    Manual Expression
    Xiidra
    Alrex
    Lid Scrubs
    Nulids

Unfortunately, none of the above really helped at all. The IPL and Manual Expression right after probably helped the most, but the relief only lasts about a week or so. Is there anything else in particular you guys think would make sense to try next? My ophthalmologist suggest serum drops next, but I'm worried this will just be another procedure that I'll spend a ton of money on and see no improvement.

Now this brings me to my next question. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get insurance to help out? It blows my mind that MGD isn't considered "severe" enough for these procedures to be covered, or at least helped out with a little. I've read around here that scleral lenses have helped some of you guys out but I'm terrified to spend that much money and get no improvement again.

Which that brings me to another question thats been on my mind. If someone has 0 glands in both of their eyes, what's the next step then? I'm losing hope in seeing improvement with the glands I have, so trying to start thinking ahead.
Working...
X