Dry eyes in Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes in Finland

Hello everyone, I live in Finland and just discovered this forum after buying some Tranquileyes from Rebecca. I started having dry eye problems in February last year when I woke up with blurred vision in one eye. Before that, no symptoms. After this point my eyes would hurt during the night and I'd wake up many times. I went to the ophthalmologist who diagnosed me with dry eye after a Schirmer test. I have had LASIK done, but for three years after the procedure my eyes were fantastic so I don't think it's that that has directly caused this. I do have Rosacea and I feel it has affected my eyes, with slightly swollen lids where there was none before. I use an eye gel (not ointment) every night and am just starting with Tranquileyes. I hope to start with lid hygiene soon too.

I hope to get my situation under control and preserve my eyesight and prevent this from affecting my day to day life too much. I've mad mixed success with doctors, the aforementioned ophthalmologist was OK but my GP just told me "eye drops are the treatment for dry eye". Yeah, no. Last time I will see her. I haven't even had my tear break-up time tested so I have a way to go. I do have hard nodules in my upper eyelids which I suspect are clogged meobiam glands and am looking at how to deal with those.

Anyway, it's great that this board exists, let's keep trying to help each other.
Working...
X