Hello, I'm new to the site and have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I'm new to the site and have a question

Hello everyone! I have had dry eye symptoms and allergies for many years and was diagnosed with Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca and Allergies. I have been tested for many autoimmune disorders but everything keeps coming back normal except my CH50 level which I'm told means my body is in some kind of inflammatory state (of course that's all they could tell me). Due to my additional dryness of mouth and nose my doctors suspect Sjogren's Disease even though the antibody test came back normal. I also suffer from joint and muscle pain, fatigue, rashes, IBS. Some days I feel like I have the flu

On a daily basis I do lid scrubs with either lid scrub prep or baby shampoo. I use both preservative free lubricant drops and gel drops throughout the day. At night I use ointment when they feel really uncomfortable.

Last week my eyes really started to act up. My eyes were very red, burning and even more gritty than the norm so I made an emergency appointment with the Ophthalmologist. She expressed my glands and said the secretions were thick and discussed my allergies. She decided to put me on FML for 3 weeks and told me to do warm compresses 2x day. The problem is that it's been a week and my eyes aren't feeling any better. They really really really bother me so much more after the compresses. I'm wondering ...could the compresses be causing the burning/stinging or is it the FML? I've been on FML before and I don't remember feeling this bad.
Working...
X