New to Scleral lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Scleral lenses

Hello all - I am Brian, a 68 year old male who has worn hard lenses for 20 years, then had RK which fixed my vision for another 20, then lens replacement due to the baby beginnings of cataracts - my vision is now fine for day to day (with reading glasses as required) but I am a professional cricket umpire and my Optometrist recommended scleral lenses for optimal viewing at 30 meters which is the range at which all the action happens.at cricket. I have no problem putting the lenses in and taking them out, but I find after around 6 hours of wearing I start to build up deposits on the outer edges of the lenses which cloud my vision and gradually creep across the whole lens after 12 hours. It looks similar to sleep deposits - my question is this - is it due to my wearing the lenses only occasionally when standing as umpire, or is it that I am not cleaning them thoroughly enough such that there are some deposits residing on the lens before I insert them? I am using Boston Simplus cleaning solution and Cooper Vision preservative free saline solution to rinse and fill the lenses before insertion. I seem to recall when the lenses were brand new and super clean I could wear them for 12 hours no problem, but now they start to fog up after about 6 hours. I do not suffer from dry eyes but would appreciate any advice or help members can offer me - many thanks - Brian H
Working...
X