Help Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Wanted

Like many of you, I was cruising along fine with my eyes feeling normal, then one day things went downhill. From dry eye to eye pain to extreme light sensitivity, my life has gone down the tubes.

Gone are the days of going outside in the sun without hat and sunglasses. No long able to go to the stores due to all the bright lights. Not meeting with friends. No longer driving day or night, due to all the headlights and taillights searing my eyes and causing intense pain. All the lights in the house except a select few are off or dimmed, the shades are mostly drawn to avoid seeing painfully bright things outside the windows or having too much sun illuminating the interior. I still do what I can to have as much light as possible, to avoid getting dark adapted.

It has been going on for a year, and although I have been seeking treatment, I haven't found anything that works yet. The main problem that I deal with is photophobia, which prevents me from doing most normal activities. It seems that there are very few doctors that know much about it, and the ones that do are mostly located on the east coast. So, I am looking in this forum for help, and to contribute whatever I can from what I've learned along the way in hopes that it might help others.

Sincerely,

HelpWanted
Working...
X