Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The strangest dry eye condition - anyone experience this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strangest dry eye condition - anyone experience this?

Hi everyone. I’ve recently joined this forum.

I’m sharing my dry eye condition, which, whenever I explain to an optometrist/ophthalmologist, get weird looks of disbelief.

Basically, I’ll get dry eye if I don’t get sufficient sleep. This used to be 8 hours a day but is now 8.5 hours a day starting last year (I am 37 yrs old). If I sleep 8-8.5 hours, all hunky dory no dry eye for the entire day.

However if I don’t, then I wake up with unbelievably sore dry eyes that feel gritty, sandy, tired and just generally makes me feel fatigued. The funny thing however is that, if I nap and fall asleep (for a microsecond) ie drift into sleep for a split second, I feel a sensation that automatically cures my dry eye for the rest of the day. Weird?

I had my eyes tested a few years ago and the results showed that I have both MGD and aqueous tear deficiency. I wake up every morning with dry mouth so my doctor suspects Sjogren’s but tests came back inconclusive.

Eye drops don’t work for me - they last about 5minutes and then I go back to old dry eyes. The only thing that does is closing my eyes and getting to the point when I go from being awake to drifting off to sleep.

Anyone experience this or find something else that works? Would love to hear.

Steve
Working...
X