Eye Pain/Discomfort Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Pain/Discomfort Help

Hello, I am writing this in regards to let people know about how to get some possible help for eye nerve pain. I will briefly share my situation and the research and info I came across over the years below, in a step by step basis.

- I had pterygium surgery on my left eye in 2014, it's pronounced Ter-ig-e-um the "p" is silent, a pterygium is a growth of flesh on the surface of the eyeball that was surgically removed. The recovery process has not gone well still almost 9 full years later, it's still bothering me. I have had aching/throbbing pain, soreness and a general dry eye discomfort over the years.

- Trying to get help is not easy because alot of eye doctors use the Slit Lamp and that won't necessarily show nerve damage. What is needed to detect and display a nerve damaged eye is something called the In-Vivo Confocal Micropscopy, this is a higher resolution optical imaging that is much more detailed and can show the damaged amputated nerves from eye surgery or whatever may have caused it. The patients who go to eye doctors and complain of eye pain are often dismissed because most eye doctors use the Slit Lamp which is over a century old and that won't show nerve damage, the In-Vivo Confocal Microscopy is needed if you could hypothectically attain that type of imaging.

-Once an eye is examined with the In-Vivo Confocal Micropscopy which can show the damaged amputated nerves a patient could then get a proper diagnosis for eye pain which is called Corneal Neuralgia or Corneal Neuropathy. Corneal Neuralgia can happen after eye surgery when the nerves are amputated and won't regenerate themselves like their supposed too.

-Treatment for Corneal Neuralgia that I came across can potentially be attained with Autologous Serum Eye Drops or Endoret Serum Eye Drops which are supposedly similar as told to me by an ophthalmologist recently when I inquired about the Autologous Eye Drops.

-Autologous/Endoret Serum Eye Drops are made up of the patients own blood/DNA and formulated with a solution that create a eye drop that hopefully will work in harmony with the patients body and regenerate those nerves that were amputated by eye surgery. These special eye drops are made in a lab and have to be refrigerated once attained by the patient to my knowledge. A prescription from a eye doctor or physician is probably needed and they may also have to facilitate this process or the patient may have to make effort as well, that's how it's for me in Canada anyhow as i'm trying to make contact about the Endoret drops personally that a ophthalmologist recently told me about and wrote down some info for me.

- I hope this was helpful, as I continue on my journey to get help for my post surgical left eye, I wanted to share some information I learned over the years. Please share this with anyone or any support groups or eye doctors it may help as alot is still not known about Corneal Neuralgia and some eye doctors may not be trained or know how to detect it.

Here is a url website link for a Canadian CTV News Investigative program called W5, this episode "The Unkindest Cut" is about Eye Pain Corneal Neuralgia, it was helpful to me, if you watch you may gain more understanding about Eye Pain/Discomfort, this focuses on post lasik surgery but is also pertinent to other eye issues that happen from other types of eye surgeries/issues it gives eye pain/discomfort a name "Corneal Neuralgia" and shows about the special Autologous Eye Drops that are made from the patients Blood/DNA formulated with a solution, have to stay refrigerated and may re-generate those nerves in the eye that were amputated from surgery or some other issue. Also this episode gives information anout how the standard Slit Lamp won't show nerve damage, which is used by most eye doctors, instead the In-Vivo Confocal Micropscopy is needed to detect nerve damage because it's a higher resolution optical imaging that can show damged nerves that the Slit Lamp won't. Website URL Link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlZ396O7O5E

Some Tips For Light Sensitive Eyes & Eye Pain/Discomfort

- You may find an older style standard definition Cathode Ray Tube television with a 4:3 screen square shaped aspect ratio more comfortable on your eyes than the current High Definition 16:9 widescreen tv's beacause HD TV's are likely to be 4k, 1080p or 720p, which represents pixels per frame that's emitted to your eyes, where as the older CRT TV's emit a more standard definition of about 480p or 360p, hence the picture is not as intense on your eyes, I found this helpful in my case. However the older CRT TV's are boxed shaped with a fat back and are alot heavier to lift so you don't want to risk injuring your back or any other health problem developing and I would recommend having help atleast two people lifting it for safety and to exercise extreme caution especially if one is walking backward or up/down steps and in my experience any CRT TV more than 24 inches in size is very difficult to lift and to even get a good grip on, so I don't recommend anything much over that size. These CRT TV's are hard to find because they were mostly stopped being manufactured around 2010 or before in my estimation. If you can acquire one make sure they have the Red/White/Yellow Audio/Video input components that way it could be compatible with cable/satellite, dvd players etc. Finding one with a working remote control could be problematic but some universal remote control's could be compatible if your able to look up the crt tv brand/serial number online and find the codes for a universal remote. Personally I had a CRT TV but it was about 20 years old and the contrast started to get all fuzzy and was no longer watchable, i'm having difficulty finding another CRT TV to my liking so I currently have a Roku HD TV, I don't like the widescreen and find HD hard on my eyes, so what I mostly do is download things I like to watch online then burn them to DVD Disc through Sothink Media DVD Burning software and through that it allows me to burn the mp4 files to disc with a 4:3 standard definition aspect ratio, it gives you options like how you want the disc to turn out 4:3 or 16:9 for example, I select the 4:3 and when the blank dvd disc that was previously inserted is now complete and burned with the aforementioned mp4 video files I insert it in my dvd player that's connected to my Roku TV and even though it's HD widescreen because I burned the files with the 4:3 aspect ratio it comes up on my widescreen TV as a 4:3 square shaped picture like I prefer as if it were an older CRT TV which is easier and more comfortable on my eyes. Now I can fit about 6 hours of programing on the blank dvd per each time I burn the disc which takes about 2-3 hours to burn and write to disc. I use -RW disc dvd's which are re-writable so I can erase and re-use, if you don't get the -RW or +RW erasable dvd disc the alternative -R or +R are only good for a single use and not feasible. Burning DVD's could be considered a potential fire hazard because your laptop or connected external dvd drive gets warmer/hotter during the burning/writing process, so I recommend you be home while this occurs and make sure their is nothing around your computer like paper for example that could be a fire hazard, your laptop may also have to be plugged in during the dvd burning process because it drains the battery heavily, so make sure the cord/outlet is safe as well.

- Also, through the Contrast settings on your computer you can put the background as black or another predominately dark color and make the text white, I find this very helpful on my eyes.

- Another tip for light sensitive eyes is to use the older incandescent light bulbs in your home, I personally find the older style 60 Watt Soft White Incandescent Light Bulbs easier on my eyes than the newer LED Light Bulbs in general. However they don't last as long and you may have to put new ones in 2-3 times a year in any given light fixture when they stop working, this is kind of a hassle and a potential safety hazard if you have to get up on a foot-stool or ladder to change them so use caution and wear safety glasses/goggles to be protect your eyes incase a bulb shatters/explodes which hopefully won't happen.I want to include that if you change the bulbs make sure the light switch is off that way when you put the new one in it won't be directly on in front of your eyes, if done in the daytime natural light should give enough illumination for the bulb changing process. Also be careful on a step ladder or whatever you may use and use gloves if you can when switching light bulbs especially if your swapping out the LED ones as they may contain cancer causing elements, and if an LED one were to brake I think the area should be aired out and of course wear the aforementioned safety glasses/goggles to protect your eyes as a precaution if a bulb were to shatter, just in case.

- Lastly if you have a mobile Smart Phone which most people seem to do nowadays, looking at it doesn't help if you have light sensitive eyes or any other eye pain/discomfort because simply looking at the screen can aggravate such a condition. Before these devices came into societal mainstream use about ten years ago people functioned without them, if you can be willing to consider giving up your smart phone, which may seem extreme, it could be beneficial and helpful to your eyes. Personally I no longer have a mobile smart phone and currently use a landline phone and I like it much better, don't have to concern myself with minutes running out or the battery draining and more importantly that iphone I used to have no longer bothers my eyes. You may find relinquishing your smart phone will give you a sense of personal freedom that you no longer have that metaphorical electronic leash burdening you or your eyes so to speak. Some of these aforementioned tips might be helpful to an individual with eye problems if you want to take the trouble, remember to use caution and protect your eyes, thanks for reading.

Working...
X