Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post here, but a D'eyelogues vet

Hi, folks.

Glad to have this resource. My dry eye problems began after a second LASIK in both eyes -- new flaps. One eye has irregular astigmatism and a hard lens. Don't wear anything corrective on the other eye.

I recently stopped Restasis after a year and have just finished two weeks of the steroidal anti-inflammatory Lotemax with a Soothe XP chaser. Not seeing any help with that, but needed to try something different.

One of the things I've been wondering is how "different" dry eye feels for people with different causes. "Dry eye" is really a catch all, no? It seems like my really wonderful CL doctor heard "dry eye" and assumed I needed an anti-inflammatory. But neither my cornea nor my lids are enflamed. Still, no one understands where the painful sensation comes from.

I'm recently out of my punctal plugs -- have tried 2, 4, partial occlusion, full occlusion etc., in various combinations. Will probably "reinstall" 2 lowers soon. TBUT's a 4.

In the last 18 months I've used: Blink, Refresh Plus, Optive, Systane, Genteal drops, Genteal gel and Fresh Kote. Zylet for the occasional corneal erosions caused by my contact. And I've been religiously "zit-popping" my Meibomian glands, to keep them unclogged.

I am officially out of ideas. I do plan to purchase one of Dr. Latkany's orange pads soon. I am eager to hear of any advice.

Thanks and be well,
    Rob
    Last edited by RobLIC; 31-May-2008, 14:24.
Working...
X