Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaporative dry eye

Hi all,
    I am a new member and have been reading posts for the past month or two. I suddenly developed dry eye due to a short course of accutane that I took for 19 days this past November. Like many members, I have seen several ophthalmologists and have had difficulty finding someone with experience (and interest) in dry eye. So far it seems that I have blepharitis and/or ocular rosacea, and a large portion of my meibomian glands are blocked (although 1 or 2 doctors say everything looks normal). The dryness has improved somewhat since the onset, and I had originally hoped that my eyes would return to their baseline once the accutane fully worked its way out. However, the improvement seems to have leveled off. I have been using warm compresses 2x per day since December, and have been experimenting with azasite in one eye and restasis in the other for the past 5 days.

Anyway, I am thankful to have found this site and have already identified good tips to help manage and treat the symptoms. I would like to find a local ophthalmologist knowledgeable in dry eye--does anyone happen to know of one in the Phoenix area?

Amy
Working...
X