Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Tearless.

Hello All.

Hi I am from the Uk and have been suffering from dry eye for almost 2 years now.

I was first prescribed with a medication named uniphyllin to treat my athsma and I am pretty certain that this medication was the cause of my current condition.

I woke up one morning with no white to my eyes bright red and bloodshot one summer morning, I suffer from hey fever and have a high count when it comes to my allergies which does not help my athsma.

I eventually payed to see an opthamologist privately then on the NHS to attempt to find some help.

I was prescribed with minims a steriod drug to treat the main problem then sodium cromoglycate to assist with any further issues.
    The minims although a weak steriod made me feel sick and drowsey.

I still wake up almost every morning now with my eyes more or less sealed close and I have to use eye drops (Sodium cromoglycate) preservative free, Just to be able to open them.

I spend the majority of the day raking out stringy mucus from my eyes and it's begining to be extremely dilapidating.

Central heating in my home gives me problems as well as in my car.

Can anybody suggest anything that might enable me to wake up without having to spend 30 minutes in my cycle of attempting to clear my eyes without ripping out most of my eyelashes please?
Working...
X