X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• epicjinx
    replied
    Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

If your glands are alright and they are all open but you have a TBUT of 7s which is quite low (I believe even 10s of TBUT is quite low for young people) that means your glands are not secreting enough lipids. I am assuming that your glands are not blocked internally by hyperkeratinized epithelial cells or scar tissue or demodex brevis. Then the only thing that I doubt is you have the same problem as me - our glands are being affected by inflammatory mediators. Inflammation is probably what's causing our glands to secrete low volume of lipids.

Have you tried using MCGs to reduce the inflammation arising from dessication of your tear film and the consequent rise in tear hyperosmolarity?

Also do steroids and/or doxycycline tend to increase your TBUT (lipid secretions) or make you feel better symptomatically?
    In response no they have none of that, all open secreting nice clear oil and got all the blocked glands unblocked (wasn't many 5 glands on one eye lid, on both eyes). MCG? I've been using optimel which helps eyelid redness in reducing it. I was on a steroid a few years ago, maybe 2 by now(?), it was FML and it had no effect on me due to inflammation only being present due to allergies. But ketofall seems to be working alot better now but my last allergy drop stopped working didn't know why (catacrom). I've never had tetrcyclines introduced to me, probably due to the fact it's MGD or was. As I'm grade 0 (according to my optremist). It's just, I found out I had allergies and then tried alot but still a few left to try. Fish oil helps counter dryness for my allergy drops, and had IPL clear out blockages and keep it going nicely.

I've said yo my optremist that antidepressants never gave me dry eye before ever, but now that I have dry eye due to computer use, I'm not sure if it's causing problems with my oil glands too. As I've tried majority of regular methods. I did ask for inflammadry but got told due to no inflammation being present it was useless for it. So sorta wondering, what else could be the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Milo007
    replied
    Originally posted by epicjinx View Post
    Hello, so did the IPL. All my glands are open and clear, but I still have dry eyes. Tbut 7 seconds.

If your glands are alright and they are all open but you have a TBUT of 7s which is quite low (I believe even 10s of TBUT is quite low for young people) that means your glands are not secreting enough lipids. I am assuming that your glands are not blocked internally by hyperkeratinized epithelial cells or scar tissue or demodex brevis. Then the only thing that I doubt is you have the same problem as me - our glands are being affected by inflammatory mediators. Inflammation is probably what's causing our glands to secrete low volume of lipids.

Have you tried using MCGs to reduce the inflammation arising from dessication of your tear film and the consequent rise in tear hyperosmolarity?

Also do steroids and/or doxycycline tend to increase your TBUT (lipid secretions) or make you feel better symptomatically?

Leave a comment:

• epicjinx
    started a topic Back again

Back again

Hello, so did the IPL. All my glands are open and clear, but I still have dry eyes. Tbut 7 seconds. Optremist stresses that it's me being over thinking it's just uncomfortable blinking, using everything I've been asked of;fish oil, did IPL, allergy eye drops (allergies still slightly there), optimel.

he keeps saying to me 10 is normal for everyone but may vary for me as I blink quickly, but then tells me he's happy with my progress (So am I, just want my eyes to be comfortable even if I have to follow a routine). Then tells me to stop worrying, when I've lost my job and didn't get a uni place I hoped for. When I haven't thought about my eyes but kept questioning to see what else, so doing neurological route and seeing if I change my medication if that's the problem.

or, ikveris but again stressed with the next 3 options I'm mentioning I'll get shunted off because of my eyes are nice are clear no damage but still slightly dry. So, ikveris, sclera lenses, or blood drops. I never got any of the other two from the opthamologist no mention just keep doing what you are doing and fobbed off. It's 5 years, with no relief. Did alot to get there. Just, don't know why my glands are under producing, as I've been told no mgd but still got dry eyes. I did go off allergy drops due to when I had to go pick them up but got told it's good to take a break and return to them. Just want comfortable eyes even if needed a routine. I sorta thought IPL would make my glands go back to normal I had hoped for 10 seconds. Granted I am in no way ungreatful! I am happy, just I can't tell the difference whatever my tbut is under 10.
Working...
X