X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood tests and dry eyes

Hi all,

Always looking for hope in one way or another....................:-

Recently I had an unusual episode (for me) whereby I started getting tingling fingers and toes....it's kinda with me 24x7 but does come and go in severity.....at worst I wake up through the night with completely numb fingers. By moving around a bit it gets better.

This all kicked off whilst on holiday, so getting home 1-week later I called NHS Direct. After answering all sorts of questions over the phone I was told to see the doc 1st thing Monday morning for an emergency appointment......which I did.

First thing my doc did was send me through for blood test....in his words just to iron out some stuff....in his opinion the numbness was probably a trapped nerve in my neck.

Anyways, the blood tests have revealed a high blood sugar content and high liver function.......still waiting on the official results, but I'm thinking DIABETES.

I know knothing about diabetes so got talking to a sufferer I know.......and this is where it struck me as a familiarity to DRY EYES......he said to me that he gets very dry mouthed if he eats too much sugar, sounds like his saliva glands under function.

I have an under functioning lacrimal gland..............could this be related? If so, if I get on medication or change my diet for Diabetes will my lacimal gland start functioning again?

Pure speculation on my part....but always a hope!

Ian.
Working...
X