Vision problems with dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision problems with dry eyes

Hello I have cataracts and suffer from bleph/dry eyes. I will have cataract surgery when the hospital feel that the dry eyes are in a better condition. Although the cataracts cause some vision problems I am able to see fairly well apart from glare )I only use reading glasses and of course sunglasses). Every so often I wake up with vision worse, much more hazy than usual (often at a time when I have let the cleaning regime slip a bit usually because I have been away or looking after grandchildren. This vision problems lasts about a week before clearing and returning to was it was. I was under the impression that dry eyes
    would only cause fleeting blurring of vision. I am due for glaucoma clinic in August (glaucoma suspect not treatment). I saw the glaucoma nurse recently and she said my eyes were red and the glands oily. My question is has anyone else suffered this way. I know it can't be the cataract as they can't better worse then better so it must be to do with dry eyes. I am typing this whilst looking very closely at the screen as I am suffering at the moment. I also have other health problems and this is really getting me down. During these episode I can't read small print (like bank statements etc). Any suggestions from patients or pros would be most welcome.
Working...
X