Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please with adverse reaction to Bio-true

Hello,

Recently I had an extreme reaction to Bio-true solution which caused burning, stinging, redness, irritation. The solution was not one I had previously used. It felt like acid in my eye. It took four days for the redness and soreness to resolve. During that time I used Theratears Liquid Gel (unpreserved) and the eye quieted down.
    The solution was used by my eye doctor to soak my Synergeyes KC lens. I called the company to report the reaction and was told they had never had any report of adverse reaction in their Synergeyes patients with this product. I looked at the FDA product insert for Bio-True and it says in part:

"Adverse Reactions (Problems and what to do): The following problems may occur:
    eyes sting, burn or itch (irritation), comfort is less than when lens was first placed on
    the eye, feeling of something in the eye (foreign body, scratched area), excessive
    watering (tearing) of the eye, unusual eye secretions, redness of the eye, reduced
    sharpness of vision (poor visual acuity), blurred vision, rainbows or halos around
    objects, sensitivity to light (photophobia), or dry eyes.

"If any of the above symptoms occur, a serious condition such as infection, corneal ulcer,
    neovascularization or iritis may be present. Seek immediate professional identification
    of the problem and prompt treatment to avoid serious eye damage."

I have pre-existing severe corneal disease so this explains the extreme reaction. My question is how to tell if my hybrid contact lens has been contaminated with the solution. The company claims that rinsing the lens in Unisol will eliminate the Bio-True. But when I place the lens in my eye, it continues to sting, just not as badly as the first time.

Has anyone else had a similar reaction to Bio-True? Any suggestions?

Thank you for your advice.

Blinks
Working...
X