Was prescribed a diuretic now worried about adding to dry eye problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was prescribed a diuretic now worried about adding to dry eye problem

A few years back when I had severe chronic nausea the inner ear doctor said I had some hydrops problem and that i needed diuretics. I took them for a few days and stopped because of other side effects. The bad nausea remained for 2 years straight. Stomach tests showed it was not my stomach or other organs, but did have inner ear problems, fullness/pressure in the ears, hearing loss etc...so the nausea lessened to the point where i still had it but was tolerable. Took 2 long years to get there on its own. Now my nausea has begun again since I had a chiropractic adjustment. The ear doc RN thinks the adjustment caused the excess water I have in my ears to leak and therefore cause me the nausea when I move my head, neck, eye balls. ANd my vision is disturbed the way it is when you have a hang over or something too. She now thinks it is both hydrops and periymph fistula too. I don't know what all that is but anyway, if he offers me diuretics again I for sure can't take them with my eyes still in bad shape. Has anyone had such problem? I know not all meds that can cause eye dryness cause it in all people. But my concern is 2 things...one, that if your eyes are alredy dry then you are naturally predisposed and two, unlike other meds whose method of action we don't know how they cause eye dryness, the diuretics take the water out of your system, that is their sole purpose so then it seems inevitable it would affect the glands that produce tears too and of course is listed on the list of meds that cause this. Does anyone have any ideas for what i can do? I may ask him for surgery since I know they do one for this, dont know if i am a candidate. Lastly, was Ibuproffin listed to potentially cause dry eyes? Thank you!
Working...
X