Desert on my eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert on my eyes

Hello once again, as you can guess already - the topic will be regarding my dry eyes.

I have used numerous eye drops which I can't recall right now, yet these are the ones I currently am using:
    Opticrom Allergy eye drops
    Hycosan extra (recommended by an eye doctor)
    Systane Ultra (recommended by one of the users)
    Eye bag for dry eyes (recommended by one of the users)

I recently went to see an eye doctor and was not surprised to hear "your eyes are fine, you don't need glasses - they are just a bit dry, artificial tears should help" and of course no matter how pleasant our banter was, the recommended eye drops were quite useless as well as the money spent on the eye-check.

I switch between eye drops every now and then yet it really does not help as much as I would have liked to. It is as if my eyes grow a tolerance for eye drops that I use for more than several days. Somedays I really doubt whether or not I should even continue using the drops because there is pretty much no noticeable effect after 5minutes or so. The eye bag has proven itself to be worth the money, yet I expected something a bit more when I was reading the reviews.

I remember that sometime ago, my eyes used to be just fine for several hours, hell maybe even the whole day - not just indoors, but outdoors as well, I felt liberated not knowing the cause for this temporary pleasure. I read somewhere that increasing your daily intake of water can help with dry eyes as well as improving your diet especially consuming more vegetables & fruits. I now began to wonder; maybe it was something I ate those days that helped my eyes so much? Yet it does not really make sense knowing that I definitely watch what I eat and I really don't feel that euphoric feeling in my eyes that I did on several occasions about half a year ago. Any thoughts on this?

Also, I was recommended to use "castor oil" for my eyes, yet some comments on here said that it was unsterile - have any people used this and found any problems afterwards?

By the way - it would be nice to get more recommendations from people on effective products to relief dry eyes, willing to try pretty much anything at this point..
Working...
X