Peter ivins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter ivins

So today went well, better than I thought. Me and my boyfriend went to town had kfc then went to bearsden. We strolled about for a bit, I also when I arrived noticed the place instantly. I entered with my bf and said about my appointment then did a symptom sheet. Not long after I was greeted by Craig, he was very nice and explained every option and what he was going to do before hand and he asked me about dryness I told him it was constant and just irritating really no major symptoms only rarely due to what I was using but needed more than eye drops. So we started tests like, to see about damage on my eyes it was okay not bad. Another involved how my tear film was over all, it was ehh problems with my oil glands but over all ok. He then put a red thread in my eye from what I remember my right was 18 MM. And my left was 24, I was happy about this. As when I went to spec savers they did the common other test and tbut test he told me how he didn't like them much especially how the tbut test is invasive and not accurate as it is how they think at what time it starts at. I agreed with him. So then he told me to blink a few times then stop, eventually after that it was 4 seconds quite bad, and my oil glands are mostly open I got a 5 for that I think the scale 0 being worse and 6 being good. Most were open but my problem is my oil quality... It's at a 2 if I can remember right...which is in the middle not great. I got told there is an allergy or a bump on my eyelid not the oil glands itself but below that I forget the wording he used. I got told to use warm compress, lid scrub, try to express my oil glands the way I got showed, oh and to buy fish oil it was a certain brand. I told him how when I wake up my eyes are glued shut sometimes and mucusy. He prescribed a steroid for the bump due to it causing friction which causes inflammation, a cell mass stabiliser for my oil glands, and vitapos. I also asked him if he could email me my results and I mentioned dry eye zone and told me he heard of it. So over all, my eyes are healthy, if I work on my oil glands things will become more comfy for me, I was worried about my eyes a lot. He even showed me how a grandness for redness indicating inflammation grading 0-4 mines was 0.8 not bad to be fair. But I now need to buy oil supplements I'm Gonna try thera tear supplements he thought I tried this before but it was the eye drops, he was impressed by how much I knew somethings I didn't but hey hoo. So overall in still evaporative dry eye, I'm glad my eyes are not as dry as I thought I thought I'd be a mix of Aqueous deficient and no good producing oils. I see them in 4 weeks again, also I have a prescription for this stuff is it ok to hand it in anywhere he says boots would be OK or anywhere really aslong as they can get what I need? I felt better after knowing this today I dunno why it just made me more comply knowing I do produce the water part of my tears thinking I didn't.
Working...
X