This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye and Allergies in San Jose, CA area

I have allergies - and with the dry eye - one of my eyes can get really red (it's odd - just one of them - and usually might left eye which has the worst dry eye). My eyes don't itch - but I can start feeling "pricks" of dry - the red starts at the inner eye next to the nose - and blossoms out (it's very very red and very dry). I have been able to take a 4 hour allergy pill which pretty much clears up the red and then I'm good for a few days. This week has been different - I had to take the pills for 2 days in a row. Anyone else in San Jose, California area have the same thing? Do you know what you are allergic to? I have kept up my standard routine - but when this allergy comes up - the routine doesn't help - only allergy pills. I get very tired with the Allergy pills - so I try not to take them. I can't put in any drops - always makes my symptoms worse. Update: My primary doctor (not eye doctor) recommended that I try Zaditor Eye Drops 0.025% (description Ketotifen) for allergy eyes, given that my eyes don't tolerate drops well, I would at least like to ask if anyone has had success or warnings regarding Zaditor Eye Drops before I decide to try them.
    Last edited by Eileen510; 28-Jan-2015, 11:55. Reason: added allergy eye drop suggestion by GP.
    Eileen
Working...
X