Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Right Eye Felt Sore Since Last Week [Question]

Hello everyone,

Since a week ago, my right eye suddenlhad a weird feeling. It felt like it was sore, but I didn't get hit or get anything in it. It's hard for me to exactly describe how it feels, but whenever I blink or close it, when I open, it feels tingly, or sore so to speak.

I went to my local optometrist on Tuesday, and she did 4 test:

1.) She made me put my chin into a machine, and stare at a picture with a red roof with both eyes.
    2.) She put me on another machine that did the puffer test.
    3.) She did an eye exam (with the letters, numbers, etc).
    4.) She did a final test where she shined a light into each eye, and made me stare briefly at her ear, the ceiling, and a object in the room.

She told me no signs of glaucoma, my vision slightly (like hardly) changed in the last 2 years, and that my eyes look healthy.

Her advice was to take 5 minute breaks from staring at the cell phone every 30 minutes, hold it 16cm away from my face, and take breaks from staring at the computer screen (32in tv used as monitor) every 30 minutes.

I'm a hypochondriac (I apologize haha. I'm just meticulous about my health), so 3 hours after I left, I called her back, and asked why she didn't dilate my eyes. She told me that she's an optometrist, and they do not do eye dilation. I was frantic, so I asked her do I need to see an ophthalmologist. She said I could, but repeated again to lay off using the cell phone and computer, and give it some time.

So my question is, should I see an ophthalmologist? How much time to give? Do you think I should get some eye medicine, and use hot towels? So far, I haven't used anything.

I'm just overly worried and I don't have insurance, so that's stressing me a bit as well.

As of today (2 days after my optometrist visit), my right eye still feels kind of sore, but not like it was on Saturday and Sunday. I've spent less time looking at the phone, sleeping more, and using the computer less for now.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Working...
X